November 4, 2020
9,580,00-234,000 (number of confirmed COVID-19 cases – the number of dead Americans at the beginning of the day
Last night blended into today and now it is literally a blur. In the entire history of the United States the greatest number of Americans voted. And as a result, it has resulted in a merger of madness and purpose and blind ambition – here’s what has happened last night and this morning in real time –
- 9.15 – Literally could not watch until after 9pm
- 9.21 – Biden wins Colorado, Trump wins Florida. Biden wins New York, New Jersey and Connecticut – no surprise there. In addition to Florida Trump wins South Dakota and West Virginia……no surprise there either
- 9.36 – Alternating between packing a Go Bag and looking forward to transition but….it is too early to call. But after all is said and done Jaime Harrison is toast in South Carolina – after all, South Carolina is the home of Fort Sumter – 2 Black senators – no way!
- 10.01 – Hickenlooper wins in Colorado. Trump still leading in Wisconsin. Trump is slaying Biden in Virginia and when did Pennsylvania became so important?
- 10.15 – Reminding myself to remember the millions of mail-in ballots and what about those 100 million early votes?
- 10.40 – Trump still leading in Wisconsin and Pennsylvania – find myself praying for the early/mail in ballots
- 11.02 – Michigan, Wisconsin and Pennsylvania trending towards Trump – this is what the apocalypse looks like in real time without special effects but with t.v. commentary
- 11.47 – Just when you thought it couldn’t get any worse Biden surges in Virginia and in the national vote
- 11.52 – Biden gets Virginia and is closing fast in Arizona…. keeping hope alive. This is what madness looks like without the special effects
- 12.13 – Trump picks up Utah and Indiana – Biden gets Minnesota – it’s going to be a bumpy ride
- 5.45 – Awoke from a dreamless sleep to a waking nightmare. Trump has declared victory even though no one else, including the networks have. Biden has the Electoral College lead – many millions of votes still to be counted
- 6.35 – The words of the day – Wait and See!
November 7, 2020
Fittingly, the news that all credible news sources and networks declared Joe Biden to be the winner of the 2020 presidential election was announced close to noon. People all over the world – literally – celebrating. Church bells rang in Paris, fireworks in London, and madcrazy celebrations in every major American city, from Atlanta to Los Angeles to New York. The only thing missing was a sailor kissing a nurse in Times Square.
In the midst of the jubilation it almost felt wrong to mention that there are over sixty million Americans who, after four years of seeing this man almost every day, think that he should still be president. It is also useful to remember that Democrats have not taken the Senate and have actually lost seats in the House of Representative. The vaunted Blue Wave barely made it to sure.
In what could only be described as True Trump, Trump refused to acknowledge defeat and went golfing – without a mask, of course, And before the day had ended he started spreading and spewing lies and falsehoods regarding nonexistent voter fraud. Clearly he will not go quietly.
And what should be clear is that Trump will no longer be President on January 21st, but he is not going away. Like Jason in the Halloween movies, he is not going away